Been staying in and around the locality of this bar since birth and have seen the property undergo a sea of change - starting from woodlands in the early 90s to maharaja inn (a north Indian restaurant) in the late 90s and early 2000 and Brownstar hotel thereafter. The less successful restaurant at Brownstar was revamped along with hotel renovation and is now what you see as Big Bang Theory. The most pleasing fact is that my neighbourhood now has a fancy looking place.
The place attracts a decent crowd and you might want to visit them on a party night.
The interiors is the biggest plus for this resto-bar. They have pictures of Einstein, UFO's and a lot of space related objects that adorn their walls. The seating is well planned and I found the D shaped sofa's very comfortable.
They also have an attractive bar counter, DJ area and a covered smoking room. Perfect set-up for a good classy bar.
Their food and drinks are priced reasonably when compared to few of their counterparts. But on a non-relative note- I would grade the pricing as moderate.
Their service was quite slow and they took forever to serve some of our starters. The drinks were however served pretty quick and the staff were timely in clearing the dishes.
We tried two starters and a dessert, all of which were terrible. The dishes were however well presented.
1. Paapad potato fry - the potato fry standalone might have tasted relatively better; the paapad coating made it blah for me.
2. Paneer fingers - crispy coating and tasteless/bland paneer. It was served with green chutney and they were a poor combination. Would have been much better if they offered an alternate dip (barbecue, flavoured mayo, etc)
3. Churros - after a perfect churros last week in Bangalore, this was intolerable. The sugar coating on the churros was not consistent and overall very low standard churros and chocolate dip.
Of the three of our cocktail orders, only adult oreo milkshake would classify as a worthy cocktail. Despite the overpowering oreo milkshake taste, this drink was unique and had a strong vodka flavour.
Our other orders were:
1. orange basil caprioska - overdosed with sugar. Was too sweet for me!
2. Sex on malibu beach - I do not know what happens in Malibu beach, but I definitely like my SOTB thicker.
Post a Comment